About Claire Whyte
Hi I’m Claire. For 20 years, I have been involved in play in a wide cross-section of the community, with babies, toddlers, children and teens, including work with children in hospital as a Hospital Play Specialist, and Special Needs Home Tutor and Group Leader. I am the founder of Hometrain (Ireland’ s network of Social Skills Groups) author of the manual ‘Teaching Social Skills’ and I also provide training and workshops for a variety of agencies, including parent groups, home visits, schools, charities, multidisciplinary team members and training Special Needs Assistants.
I hold qualifications in Arts Therapies, Hospital Play Specialism, Counselling and trained in ABA. I am currently studying the Professionals Intensive Training course with Hand in Hand Parenting.
How I work.
Private Family Sessions
Children and Teenage Groups
Primary and Secondary School Workshops
Training and workshops are tailored to exactly meet the needs of your organisation, including:
- Initial conversation where we discuss your ideas and training needs
- Submission of your outline training plan and costing
- Agreement and confirmation of training time/s and date/s
- Training is delivered
- Training packs and resources are provided for all attendees
- Follow-up research and training development is provided for ongoing training